Student Services » Student Services

Student Services

Student Support Services 

Rosalinda Koch  [email protected]

858-748-0245 x5394

Student Services offers some of the following services/programs:
Tobacco, Drug, and Alcohol Education - Classroom presentations, referrals, cessation support groups.

There are several, great online resources to get information on everything from vaping to the use of other substances. For example, the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids provides education, support, and guidance to families struggling with their son’s or daughter’s substance use. Here are links to just a couple of topics available on their site, along with some links from other organizations. 

The Teen Vaping Trend – What Parents Need to Know
With the recent Monitoring the Future Study release indicating that nearly one in three 12th graders reported using a vaping device in the past year, it’s imperative that parents are informed of the potential dangers that can result from vaping.

Websites with Information on Vaping: Other information can be accessed from the Resources for Students and Resources for Parents tabs. You can also contact the Student Services Specialist at Poway High, 858-748-0245 x5394 for a confidential conversation.  Student Services is here to help.

Grief Counseling

We can help students understand and get through a difficult period in their lives. Services by adult Counselors as well as Peer Counselors.

Counseling Referrals

If a student and/or family needs help obtaining outside counseling, we give referrals to the Caring Connections Center, which provides free counseling services (through our grant). We also have referrals for outside sources.

Character Education

Character education helps get messages such as trustworthiness, responsibility, respect, fairness, caring, and citizenship to the student body.

Conflict Mediation

Our staff and/or peer counselors are available to work with students having conflicts with others (peers, teachers, parents, etc.).

Graduating Seniors Needing Financial Assistance

Seniors needing financial assistance:  if you would like help with cap/gown, prom, Grad Nite or yearbook should visit the Student Services office.  Students should be in good standing (2.0+ GPA, no U's on report card).